Thursday, April 17, 2008

A lesson on Humilty and Obedience

Last March 23, we had an Easter Celebration for Ang Lingkod ng Panginoon(The Servant of the Lord) or Lingkod (Servant), Christ Youth in Action (CYA) and Bale Ning Guinu (The House of the Lord) or BALE(House). I was the invited speaker for that event.

During the event, there were some changes that were done. Instead of just giving a talk, I also led the worship (after discussing it with my leader in BALE). That made me change my approach from giving the talk to giving the talk as an exhortation. However, it didn't seem to have went well. I got some feedback but I didn't feel the impact yet(how dense).

The next day I went to work, I didn't feel well. When we got home I opened up this feeling to my wife and also discussed the talk. Only then did I realize that the feeling was actually sadness that I wasn't able to do my best and please God.

When I came before God to ask for forgiveness, I sensed that He wanted me share the talk by writing it in my blog. With my complacency and stubbornness and pride(ouch!), it was delayed. But then, during my prayer time tonight, God showed me through the reading for today how he was pleased with David because he always follow His will (toink!). My only desire is to please the Lord so I made resolve to do as the Lord commands (I am feeling like David now). I do hope that God will bless those who will be reading it (or hearing it from those who will share it). To God be the glory. Amen.

Good night... ZZZzzz... ooppsss... I will type now. Read on...

1 Comments:

At 8:58 PM, Blogger etourism101 said...

Hi Dexter.

I don't have a God. That's a MASCULINE TERM. Paano kung BABAE PALA and Diyos, eh di diyosa o Goddess?

I just subscribe to TRUTH, LOVE, JUSTICE, FREEDOM, HOPE, PEACE, etc.

I don't like the idea of my future being planned by a higher being.

With logic, I can control my future.

Don't be a hypocrite, Dexter. Follow your Mind, Heart, and Soul.

You're the Master of your Fate, and the Captain of your Soul.

Take care, Dexter and I hope to see you soon.

regards,
Marie T.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home